Aquatic Therapy is offered through our UHealth Institute for Advanced Pain Management for patients who are unable to tolerate land based therapy.
Our Therapy pool is heated to enhance comfort, maximize Rehab potential and promote function with progression to land exercise.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
• Decreased stress on joints and spine
• Increased circulation and reduced edema
• Decreased muscle spasms and pain
• Allows for early mobility in a gravity reduced environment
Disorders that benefit from Aquatic Therapy
• Balance & Gait Disorders
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Conditions that limit tolerance for land based therapy
• Orthopedics & Sports Injuries
• Back & Neck Pain
• Joint Replacements
• Obesity related limitations